When you open SharePoint 2013 Team Site, you will see a Metro Tiles Menu on home page.
The good news you can create your own custom tiles menu by using a new OOB List/App template that called : Promoted Links.
Create “Promoted Links” List
To do that, follow the steps:
- Go to Site Content
- Click on “Add an App”
- Select “Promoted Links” list template from available lists
- After creating the list click new item to add a new link and details
- Fill data about the link as below (and make sure you upload Tiles images in picture library):
- Title: the link title text
- Background image location: the image URL and alternative text
- Description: description text that will be shown when you mouse over the Tile
- Link Location: the target URL.
- Lunch Behavior: determine if you want to open URL in current page, new tab, or in modal dialog
- Order: order number of the tile
- Repeat step 4 to add more links