This is the Third part for Step by Step: Install, configure, and Deploy Project Server 2013 Article,
Article Content’s Index:
- Part 1: Overview and Prepare for a deployment of Project Server 2013
- Part 2: Install and Configure Project Server 2013
- Part 3: Configure Project Server 2013 Application Service
- Part 4: Deploy Project Web App with a new site collection – Project Server 2013
- Part 5: Deploy Project Web App in an existing site collection – Project Server 2013
Configure Project Server 2013 Application Service
After Project Server 2013 is installed, the following configuration steps are required before creating a Project Web App site and using Project Server:
Start the Project Server Application Service
- On the Central Administration home page, in the System Settings section, click Manage services on server.
- On the Services on Server page, select the server where you want to run the Project Application Service from the Server drop-down list.
Register a managed account
The account that you plan to use for the application pool for the Project Server service application must be a registered account in SharePoint Server. If you have not already registered this account in SharePoint Server, use the following procedure to do so.
- On the Central Administration home page, in the left navigation, click Security. Then, On the Security page, in the General Security section, click Configure managed accounts.
- On the Managed Accounts page, click Register Managed Account.
- Type the user name and password of the domain account that you are registering. (See Accounts Settings in Part 1 of this article, we user spServiceAppPool)
- Optionally, select the Enable automatic password change check box if you want SharePoint Server to manage password changes for this account.
- Click OK.
- Create a Project Server service application
After the application pool account has been registered with SharePoint Server, the next step is to create the Project Server service application. Use the following procedure to create the service application.
- On the Manage Service Applications page, on the ribbon, click New, and then click Project Server Service Application.
- Type a name for the service application in the Project Web App service application name box.
- In the Application Pool section, type the name of the application pool you want to create in the Application pool name box.
- Select the Configurable option, and choose the managed account that you want to use to run the application pool.
- Click OK. and wait until Service Application is created
- The next step is to determine how you want to deploy Project Web App.
Part 4: Deploy Project Web App with a new site collection – Project Server 2013
Part 5: Deploy Project Web App in an existing site collection – Project Server 2013
March 1, 2013 at 8:45 pm
Reblogged this on Sutoprise Avenue, A SutoCom Source.